Refrigerated storage containers can be used to store a wide variety of products and materials. Refrigerated storage containers range from fairly small portable bars to large walk-in catering freezers.
These refrigeration containers are designed to be used continuously to keep products cool and sometimes this is absolutely essential for health and safety reasons.try this
The following are some of the types of products which require refrigeration equipment:
- Some plastics
A business may use refrigeration equipment:
- To permanently store products
- To temporarily store products whilst the normal cold storage equipment is being cleaned
- To transport goods between one place and another
- To keep goods cool for an event
Often businesses rent refrigerated units on either a long-term or short-term basis.
Refrigeration equipment – what’s available?
The following are the types of equipment that are available:
Standard cold storage
- Mini mobile cold storage units, which store up to two pallets
- Cold store containers in the following sizes – 10ft (4 pallets), 20ft (9 pallets) and 40ft (19 pallets)
- Large mobile cold stores – these are extra wide portable cold stores and are available from 3 pallets to 58 pallets wide
Cold storage for specific industries
- Mobile bars
Blast freezing units are also available in numerous sizes. The following capacities – 10kW, 60kW and 106kw – are the most common.
The benefits of renting refrigeration storage containers
The benefits of renting refrigeration storage containers are as follows:
- By outsourcing your refrigeration, you may lose control of your production process. Renting refrigeration equipment means you stay in control
- Hiring equipment such as a blast freezer or cold store means you can have the equipment as and when you need it but there’s no expensive outlay associated with buying equipment outright
- Moving premises doesn’t cause any issues – you can just take your refrigeration equipment with you
It’s also worth remembering that rented freezers can often be stored outside your premises and they’re weatherproof. This means that they don’t take up precious and costly space in your business premises.